Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspirational post from BB.com

Remember brothers and sisters...you are never truly alone in this battle. When your friends snicker at you for microwaving your sweet potato and eating your bland chicken just remember...out there somewhere someone is doing the same thing. Your not bulking by yourself. Your 6 meals a day are enjoyed with hundreds of others. When your head is buried in the toilet from the heavy squats your not alone. A faceless friend somewhere in this world with their head buried in a poreclain bowl.

When you think you can't push anything heavier, there is someone sitting on a bench thinking the same thing. And there is another one terrified of the weight bearing down on them. But like you they are courageous enough to push out of the hole before the iron death takes them.

When my parents laugh at me for measuring out my meals at dinner. When my friends tease me for refusing a beer because I am trying to keep a deficit and don't wanna screw what little gains I've made week by week. When the lady at the store stares at me for having a cart consisting of 50lbs of chicken, 15lbs of sweet potatoes, 20lbs of rice, and more frozen veggies than thought humanly possible. And most of all when I'm contemplating walking the rest of my nightly run, when I'm puking my guts out from HIIT. I remember that somewhere out there is a person just like me. Struggling to make something of themselves. A man tired of being laughed at for being flabby. A girl embarassed to walk down the beach in a bikini. A scrawny nothing tired of the snears of girls. And that's when I realize I can't stop. Because if I don't do it then that is one less bit of support that "my friends" will have. If I don't push myself then how will they push themselves when they wanna give up?

Embrace your lifestyle friends. Rejoice. Never think that you are alone. Yes your friends of 20 years may laugh and tease you for looking pudgy while bulking, or turning down pizza curls while cutting, just remember. You will never truly be a loner. And think about the jealousy they will have when you go to spring break ripped. Ladies when your feeling that urge to pig out on rocky road because your bff is depressed over a boy, remember how good it will feel when you step onto the beach or wiggle into a smaller pair of pants and every guy is impressed from such a physique. I am not fat. You are not fat. We are brothers and sisters made of the same mold. That jiggle is not because we fail at diets and exercise, it is a sign that we cannot quit. That we cannot give up. We are a family. We must stick together and fight the peer pressure. We must be our unique selves.

Fight on. Eat with your brain...train with your heart...and most importantly never forget your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment