Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Osgood-Schlatter disease - Why my knee sucks

Okay so these aren't pictures of my knee(s), but it looks similar.  Basically it's a knee condition that young athletes tend to get. Got it when I was like 12 and played football during a growth spurt.
The condition occurs in active boys and girls aged 9–16[2] coinciding with periods of growth spurts. It occurs more frequently in boys than in girls, with reports of a male-to-female ratio ranging from 3:1 to as high as 7:1. It has been suggested the difference is related to a greater participation by boys in sports and risk activities than by girls.
It's a dent under my right knee and it's sore and sometimes when I walk up the stairs or something similar a sudden pain just stings in it. Shit sucks. And it's always sore after training. And I cant sit on my right knee. Fun stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment